Criminology refers to the study of crime from social and individual perspectives. It is a field of sociology where scientific material and evidence are used to investigate and prevent crimes in society. Professional criminologists study criminal behavior to be able to detect heinous crimes related to rape, murder, homicide, or serial killings. Criminology is an interesting field to pursue as a career if you love investigations and solve complicated criminal cases. There are a number of disciplines that a bachelor’s degree holder in criminology can pursue. This article will provide some useful guidance to pursue a fruitful career in criminology. Keep reading to find out some interesting career opportunities in criminology. (more…)
Non-Profit Organization: Healing Hand is a non-profit organization that provides healthcare services to the ethnic people along the Horn of Africa. The target population is those living below the poverty line. (more…)
- I would like to start out by going back 5 years ago when you first found out you were HIV positive.
- Patient: Oh God, 5 years ago; what would you like to know?
- The initial feeling; the way you felt when you heard.
- Patient: The initial feeling was straight fear. I can’t describe the initial feeling the way your heart pounds and how you can hear the blood rushing through your ears. You don’t think you are going to hear “yes,” you know, “you do have it,” your heart is racing and then as soon as he does say “yes,” it’s a state of shock that doesn’t leave you for months.
- Did you get several opinions?
For years, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) went untreated because doctors had not yet defined the appropriate parameters and behaviors. AD/HD is a chronic disorder that can extend through adulthood and have many negative effects on home, school and social life (Children’s Disabilities Information, 1). (more…)
A Personal Health Record or PHR is a health documentation that is formed and preserved by the individual. A well built PHR will offer an inclusive and correct review of the health and remedial history of a person because it will collect information from a lot of resources in a way that is not practicable in most healthcare settings. (more…)