Using the relevant current issues, theories and literature, write an essay comprised of the following broad topics/sub-sections:
Wherever possible you should answer the above requirements using practical examples from the following organizations.
- Hotel – 3*or 4*or 5*(only one choice from this)
- Ship – floating resort hotels
- Boat – the luxury yacht
- Timeshare complexes – right to use at a particular time in a year
- Student Hall residence – conference delegates
LO1 Understand services provided by the rooms division in diverse context
1.1 Discuss accommodation and front office services for different organizations
1.2. Analyze the roles and responsibilities of a range of accommodation and reception services staff
M1: You should adopt a suitable strategy to identify the responsibilities of the reception service staff of an organization of your choice
1.3. Discuss legal and statutory requirements that apply to rooms division operations
1.4. Evaluate services provided by the rooms division in a range of hospitality businesses
LO2 Understand the impact of contemporary management issues on the effective management and business performance in the front of house area
- Assess the importance of the front of house area to effective management
- Discuss the key aspects of planning and management of the front of house area for a given hospitality operation
- Critically discuss the key operational issues affecting the effective management and business performance of the front office area for a given operation
LO3 Understand the factors that contribute to effective management and business performance in the accommodation service function
The following 3 criteria should be covered through Power-Point Slides.
Your presentation should include EVERY member of your group and ideally, will be presented using Microsoft Powerpoint Slides. There should be a maximum of 20 slides for the complete presentation in groups of 4-5 learners to demonstrate the following criteria 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3. Note you will be assessed based on your own performance, and contribution in the power-point slides and presentation, though the activity can be developed in groups. Consequently, you will be assessed and graded individually. You can choose a particular example or a range of examples to raise your case. It would be highly recommended to have references on the slides and at the end.
3.1. Assess the importance of property interiors and design to effective management
3.2 Discuss the critical aspects of planning and management of the accommodation service function for a given hospitality operation
3.3. Analyze the key operational issues affecting the effective management and business performance of the accommodation service function for a given operation
LO4 Be able to apply techniques to maximize and measure occupancy and rooms revenue
- Perform revenue/yield management activities to maximize occupancy and rooms revenue
M2: Identify and apply appropriate techniques that can be used to assist in maximizing occupancy and room revenue
- Discuss sales techniques that rooms division staff can use to promote and maximize revenue
D3: Credit will be awarded to demonstrate creative and out of the box thinking
- Discuss the purpose and use of forecasting and statistical data within the rooms division
M3: Identify the limitations of employing such techniques and justify whether forecasting should be employed despite apparent limitations. Present and communicate appropriate findings
- Calculate rooms division performance indicators to measure the success of accommodation sales
Order Now and get custom academic writing on “Hotel Management”. Read the next academic writing on “Marketing Strategies of McDonald’s Wendy’s, and Burger King“.